These are the perfect rolls to serve with homemade jam and butter. In autumn, serve with apple butter for a side that celebrates the season. This also makes a great side for good old bacon and eggs.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 2 packages (0.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cake mix, yeast, and flour in a large bowl. Mix in hot water. Set aside to rise until dough doubles in size. Cut dough in half.
- Roll half of dough into a rectangle on a floured surface. Coat with softened butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon, granulated sugar, and pecans. Roll jellyroll style and cut into 2-inch slices. Place into a greased baking pan. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Let cut rolls rise in the pan until they’ve doubled again. Meanwhile, mix melted butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Pour mixture over rolls.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.