Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts
Make these simple sweet and savory nuts in 15 minutes. Let them cool completely before eating.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, white pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook mixture over low heat until blended, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Off heat, add nuts, and stir to coat.
- Arrange nuts in single layer on a flat microwave-safe dish. Microwave the mixture on high power for 5–9 minutes, stirring three times during cooking, until nuts are darkened and crisp and butter is absorbed.
- Cool on parchment and store in an airtight container.