Sweet and Savory Pepper Penne
Sautéed peppers and onions develop their natural sweetness, gain the intensity of sautéed garlic, then get tossed with tangy balsamic vinegar and penne for a pasta dish that packs a ton of flavor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups 100% whole-wheat penne, cooked
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, and peppers in 1 tablespoon of the oil until slightly softened but still crisp, about 4–6 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the skillet and toss to coat peppers and onions. Add the penne to the skillet, drizzling remaining olive oil over penne and vegetables until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.