Serve this quick and easy stir-fry dish with cooked rice and a green vegetable for a complete meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 3 spring onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place the chicken cubes in a bowl and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet on medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger slices. Let the ginger slices cook for 2–3 minutes, until they are browned. Remove the ginger.
- Add the chicken cubes. Stir-fry, stirring and tossing the chicken for 3–4 minutes until it changes color and is nearly cooked through.
- Add the pineapple sauce into the pan and bring to boil. Stir in the onions. Stir-fry for 1–2 more minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly coated with the sauce and cooked through. Serve hot.