Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Wings
These can be prepared a day or two in advance and refrigerated in a sealed container. Serve cold or reheat briefly before serving.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. water
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the red wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and tomato sauce to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. Keep the sauce warm on low heat.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet and brush with the sauce. Bake for 30 minutes, brushing with the sauce occasionally. Turn over, brush with sauce, and bake for another 30 minutes or until the wings are cooked. Top with green onions to serve.