Sweet and Sour Fish
The trick to stir-frying is to have all the ingredients prepared and ready to go before you start heating anything. Then dinner is ready in about 25 minutes!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 6 frozen crunchy fish nuggets
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- In large saucepan, combine rice and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare fish as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to saucepan and stir. In small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper and mix well. Add to saucepan, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add fish pieces and stir to coat.
- When rice is done, place on serving plate and top with sweet and sour fish.