Sweet and Sour Fondue Sauce
Serve alone with an Asian fondue, or halve the recipe and serve with other dipping sauces.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. soy sauce
- 6 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground coriander
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and set aside. Combine the pineapple juice, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the brown sugar over low heat, stirring continuously. Add the pineapple juice mixture. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- Give the cornstarch and water mixture a quick stir and add to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Stir in the ground ginger and the coriander. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately, or prepare several hours ahead of time to give the flavors a chance to blend.