Sweet and Sour Grilled Shrimp
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Sauté onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Brush some of the sauce over the shrimp. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn and brush with sauce. Grill for another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.