Sweet and Sour “Meatballs”
This pleasing stir-fry brings together all the beloved flavors of a popular Chinese entrée, but instead of pork, you use anti-inflammatory soy “meatballs.” Serve over rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup 100% pineapple juice
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 packages (9 oz.) soy “meatballs”
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Orange zest, for garnish
- Combine the juice, water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl, blending well. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. When it is hot, add the “meatballs” and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the pineapple juice mixture and stir well to coat all the Ingredients. Cook, stirring often, for about 2 more minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Garnish with orange zest.