Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
This simple weeknight meal tastes better than takeout.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs. lean pork roast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) pineapple chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In mixing bowl, combine vinegar, water, teriyaki sauce, crushed red pepper, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Toss with corn starch.
- In large frying pan, add olive oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork to the frying pan. Sauté pork until brown, but it may still be pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple and peppers. Cook until the peppers begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the sauce and cook until bubbly and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.