Sweet and Spicy Apple-Cinnamon Crepes
Just the aroma of this perfect weekend brunch dish will make you hungry. It’s going to get the kids out of bed too.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chestnut flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. melted butter, melted (plus more for pan)
- 2 large tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Whirl the eggs, milk, salt, and sugar in your food processor. With the motor on low, slowly add the flours, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the jar. Pour in melted butter, whirl until well blended. Pour by half-cupful into a nonstick sauté pan to which you’ve added a dot of butter. Tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly.
- Fry the crepes on medium heat, turning, until browned on both sides; place on waxed paper and sprinkle with a bit of rice flour to prevent them from sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium skillet. Sauté the apples for 20 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, cloves, and sugar. Blend the cream cheese into the hot mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay out crepes and place a spoonful of filling on each. Roll them and place in a baking dish that you’ve prepared with nonstick spray.
- Bake in oven until hot, about 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar to serve.