Sweet and Spicy Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Make this recipe after breakfast and it will be ready by lunchtime.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. ginger preserves
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne
- ½ tsp. ground chipotle
- ½ tsp. hot paprika
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. yellow hot sauce
- 4 sandwich buns
- Place all ingredients in a round 2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 3½ hours, or for 1½ hours on low and then turn it up to high for an additional hour.
- When done, the meat should shred easily with a fork. Thoroughly shred the chicken. Toss to coat the meat evenly with the sauce. Scoop a spoonful of meat onto a sandwich bun to serve.