Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Soup
If you have a sweet tooth, you can add some more brown sugar to this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 piece (1⁄2 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (13 oz.) puréed pumpkin
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Stir the ingredients into a large saucepan or Dutch oven one by one, whisking after each addition. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth.