Sweet Summer Cucumbers
Fresh summer cucumbers make this a special seasonal condiment.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Stir the onions gently into the cucumbers. Mix together the sugar, vinegar, salt, and dill.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the cucumbers and onions and put into a large glass or plastic container in the refrigerator. Let the mixture marinate for a couple of days before eating.