Sweet Sunflower Seeds
Try substituting your favorite nuts in this recipe. Use them in combinations, unless using peanuts, which have an overpowering flavor.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 egg white
- Add sunflower seeds to the slow cooker.
- Mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg white with 2 tablespoons water until stiff. Sprinkle the egg mixture over the sunflower seeds and mix to coat. Stir in the sugar mixture.
- Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 hours. Stir the mixture 2 or 3 times.