Sweet and Tangy Pork Ribs
If desired, cook the ribs in the oven at 350° for 90 minutes instead of using the slow cooker.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 lbs. pork ribs
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place ribs in a 6-quart slow cooker and add 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir onions, garlic, ketchup, cocktail sauce, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Drain ribs and prepare and preheat grill.
- Place ribs on grill and brush with sauce. Cover grill and cook, brushing frequently with sauce and turning once, for 20 to 25 minutes until ribs are glazed.