Sweet Tooth Cornbread Cake
This sweeter cornbread makes an old timey treat crumbled in a cold glass of milk or served alongside a spicy stew. Slightly sweet breads ease the bite of an extra-spicy dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsps. butter
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 1 small box (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slowly melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Add corn and remove skillet from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well until smooth. Fold in corn mix, cake mix, and sugar.
- Pour mixture over corn and butter in skillet. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes. Invert pan over wire rack or serving plate.