Sweetened Yogurt (Mishti Doi)
This dish, mishti doi, from the East Indian state of Bengal can be steamed or baked.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Blend together the milk and yogurt and place in an ovenproof dish. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the dish in the oven for another 4 hours. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the dish; if it comes out clean, the dish is done. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Alternatively, once you blend the ingredients, place them in a small bowl. Cover with aluminum foil. Steam it in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until the yogurt is set. Serve chilled.