Serve these round treats at your next fish fry for a sweeter savory crunch. Dip in tartar sauce or ketchup or sprinkle with malt vinegar for an extra burst of flavor.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (9 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1 small box (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except milk and oil. Mix to form a crumbly mixture. Add milk and stir to form a batter.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan. Drop dough by tablespoons into hot oil.
- Cook until golden on all sides. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels. Serve warm.