Sweetheart Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup soy milk
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup diced raspberries, divided
- 1 container (12.5 oz.) vegan vanilla frosting
- 18 whole raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a cupcake tin.
- Beat together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, then add vanilla, soy milk, lemon juice, and zest.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine flour mixtures with wet ingredients just until mixed. Do not overmix. Gently fold in ¾ cup diced raspberries.
- Fill cupcakes about ⅔ full with batter and bake immediately for 16–18 minutes or until done.
- Combine frosting and remaining diced raspberries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Frost cupcakes with frosting and top each with a whole raspberry.