Swirl Baked French Toast
Switch things up and watch them smile! Have the most important meal of the day — packed with delicious breakfast-time favorites and finished with rich maple syrup.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar or confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- Place the bread cubes and blueberries into a lightly greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Beat the eggs, half-and-half and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Stir and press the bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Serve with the butter and syrup.