Swiss Potato Gratin
In Switzerland, they celebrate Easter with this gratin of potatoes and white wine.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a deep baking dish with butter.
- Toss the potatoes with onion, flour, salt, and pepper. Spread 1⁄3 of the potato mixture on the bottom of the baking dish followed by of 1⁄3 the cheese. Repeat the layers ending with the cheese. Pour the wine and cream over the top of the potatoes. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and remove the foil. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let the potatoes sit for 10 minutes before serving.