Tabasco Deviled Eggs
An all-American classic, with a Mexican twist. These will be a hit at any picnic or barbecue.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. onion, finely minced
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Hard boil the eggs by putting them in a single layer in the bottom of a saucepan and covering with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When water begins boiling, immediately remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, for 12 minutes. Drain eggs and rinse under cold water. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop yolks out into bowl. Mash yolks with fork and mix them with all ingredients except paprika and parsley.
- Fill whites with spoonful of yolk mixture. Cover and chill.
- To serve, sprinkle paprika and parsley.