Tabbouleh Salad with Cucumbers
Cucumbers are added to this refreshing grain salad. For a more traditional version leave out the cucumbers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup medium bulgur wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Soak the bulgur in the water for at least 2 hours. Drain the excess water and put the bulgur in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bulgur and mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled or at room temperature.