Tabbouleh with Cauliflower and Feta
This salad is a version of a Middle Eastern salad with bulgur and vegetables. This version uses cauliflower to add an earthy flavor.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 medium head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- Soak bulgur in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous.
- Toss bulgur and cauliflower rice with remaining ingredients. Allow the mixture to sit for 20 minutes before serving.