This couscous salad is very popular in the summer. It’s inspired by the Lebanese original tabbouleh, but is much more filling, and is therefore often served as a main dish at picnics, for example.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cooked couscous
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh mint
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the couscous with the lemon juice and the olive oil. Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber to the couscous, and stir well.
- Add the mint, cilantro, salt, and pepper, and stir again. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve very cold.