Taco Chicken Wings
Classic bar food gets a Mexican twist: chicken wings are tossed in taco seasoning and hot sauce, baked then broiled for extra crispiness. Serve with seasoned sour cream, guacamole and salsa and you have a winner!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds fresh chicken wings
- 1 cup sour cream
- Guacamole for topping
- Salsa for topping
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with foil; place a large rectangular wire rack on top; spray both with cooking spray.
- Remove 1 tsp. taco seasoning to small bowl. In large resealable plastic bag, mix remaining seasoning, oil, 2 tsp. hot sauce, and ¼ tsp. salt. Add chicken; seal bag and toss until chicken is evenly coated. Place chicken in a single layer on rack; discard seasoning mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is browned and internal temperature is at least 165°F, turning over halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven, turn wings over again. Set oven to Broil. Broil 2-4 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl with seasoning, add sour cream and remaining hot sauce and salt, stir until well blended.
- Serve chicken wings with seasoned sour cream, guacamole and salsa, if desired.