Taco Crescent Ring
This easy recipe is loaded with melted cheese and seasoned beef for a delicious dish that looks great on the table. Serve plain as a simple appetizer or add your favorite toppings to make it a meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10” nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and ½ cup water, then simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and place beef in a medium bowl. Mix with cheese and set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough and separate into 16 triangles. On an ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in a ring so that short sides of triangles form a 5” circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.
- Spoon beef mixture onto the dough around the center of the ring, leaving the outer halves of the triangles uncovered.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking each corner under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around the ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 25 minutes, or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving with toppings of your choice.