Give your traditional tacos an upgrade with this surprisingly easy and flavorful recipe that’s half taco, half quesadilla.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package Beef Barbacoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas, large
- 1 can (16 oz.) Rosarita™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 4 Taco Shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Herdez™ Roasted Salsa Roja
- Cook barbacoa according to package instructions. Separate beef from liquid, leaving a tablespoon or two to keep meat moist, then shred.
- In skillet over medium heat, sauté olive oil, bell pepper, onions and salt 5-7 minutes, until translucent and slightly browned. Set aside.
- In center of tortilla, spread 2 tablespoons of refried beans. Crack taco shell in half and lay it on top of beans. Top with ⅓ cup barbacoa, a few onions, peppers and ¼ cup shredded cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Fold the top edge of tortilla down over the meat. Working clockwise, fold the next edge in, then work your way around the tortilla until it’s completely folded and there are 5 pleats.
- In skillet, heat drizzle of vegetable oil. Place each taco wrap seam side down and cook until browned. Flip and brown other side.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.