Taco Mac and Cheese
If you want to give this dish a crunchy kick, add a half cup of crushed tortilla or taco flavored chips on top.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ lb. elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the ground beef and cook until thoroughly browned and crumbled, about 10 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and mix to combine, then add the Rotel and stir to combine. Cook until the liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the heat.
- In a medium bowl combine the evaporated milk and egg until well mixed. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the beef, stirring constantly. Add the cooked pasta and ¾ of the cheese and turn to coat.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the dish is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving.