Serve this smooth and spicy sauce as part of a taco buffet, or add to tomato sauce and pour over enchiladas.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Store sauce, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week.