Taco Stuffed Peppers
Give traditional stuffed peppers a taco-inspired twist by stuffing them with a delicious mix of ground turkey, crushed tortilla chips, corn, black beans and salsa.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 assorted bell peppers (green, red, yellow), cut in half lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On 13”x9”x2” baking dish, arrange pepper halves, cut-side up. Bake 15 minutes, or until pepper halves are tender.
- Meanwhile, season turkey as desired. In 12” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook until cooked through, stirring often to separate meat. Stir in corn, beans, salsa and tortilla chips; continue cooking until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally and lightly mashing some of the beans.
- Into each pepper half, spoon about ½ cup turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.