Tacos de Pollo con Mole (Chicken Mole Tacos)
With this easy Mexican recipe, you can serve fall-off-the-bone chicken smothered in a flavorful sauce that rivals that of your favorite local Latin joint. It’s lightly sweet, a little smoky and full of big, bold sabor (flavor).
Serves: 6Prep: 3 hours 35 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 6 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Kroger Brand Salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced, divided
- 6 sprigs thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon Nestlé® Abuelita™ Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink Tablets, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kroger Brand Coarse Black Pepper
- 4 chicken legs and thighs
- 4 cups Kroger Brand Olive Oil
- 1 bulb fennel, diced
- 1 large Haden mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Herdez® Salsa Verde
- 3 radishes, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1 package Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas
- 1 bag Takis® Fuego® chips, crushed
- Chili pepper, to taste
- In large sealable container, cover bottom with 1 tablespoon salt, half the garlic, shallots and thyme. In bottom of container, arrange chicken skin side up; sprinkle over remaining salt, garlic, shallots, thyme, chocolate tablets and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- In deep baking dish, add olive oil. Arrange chicken in single snug layer. Cook 3 hours.
- In medium-sized bowl, toss together fennel, mango, salsa verde, radishes and cilantro.
- In pan, add ½ teaspoon chicken fat and cook tortillas until crispy.
- Remove chicken from oil. Pull meat from bones.
- Stuff tortillas with chicken. Top with queso fresco, salsa, chips and chili pepper.