Tandoori Chicken Kabobs
Serve these Middle Eastern inspired kabobs with Jasmine rice, mango and/or cilantro chutney, along with warm naan or pita bread.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1½” cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 green onions, white and light green parts cut in 1½” pieces
- 8 (12”) metal skewers
- In medium glass bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken, oil and onion. Place chicken in large resealable plastic storage bag and add oil; knead bag to coat chicken in oil. Pour in yogurt mixture; seal bag and knead to cover all of chicken with mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight. Thread chicken cubes alternately with green onion pieces on skewers.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.