This popular Indian dish can also be broiled or cooked on the outdoor grill. Serve with steamed jasmine rice or baked potatoes for a complete meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry. Cut 2 or 3 diagonal slits in each thigh.
- Mix the garam masala, lemon juice, and crushed garlic into the yogurt. Place the marinade in a resealable plastic bag and add the chicken thighs (use more than one bag if necessary).
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator overnight. Turn the chicken several times so that all the thighs are completely covered in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the chicken on the rack of a roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the middle.