Tangy Asian Sesame Salad
Here’s a salad that offers both crunch and lively color, featuring almonds, coleslaw and sesame sticks.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup Simple Truth™ Sliced Raw Almonds
- 6 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Sesame Sticks
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (red wine, apple cider or white)
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to low broil. Toast sliced almonds in oven until golden brown, for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together slaw, green onion, toasted almonds and sesame sticks.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar into vinegar until it dissolves, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil and a little salt and pepper to sugar mixture; whisk briskly until combined.
- Pour the dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated.