Tangy Burgundy Ribs
You can serve this as a finger food or with rice as a more substantial dish. Donʼt forget to include plenty of napkins!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 lbs. lean short ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp. prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick olive oil cooking spray. Mix the flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Toss ribs in flour mixture to lightly coat the ribs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown ribs 5 minutes per side, then place in slow cooker. Add onions to skillet and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add celery, onions, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, ketchup, and vinegar to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4–5 hours. Half an hour before the end of cooking, add the wine to the slow cooker.
- Serve ribs, with cooking liquids on the side as a sauce.