Tangy Caramelized Onions
Caramelized onions are a great addition to roasts, dips, and sandwiches.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. Vidalia or other sweet onions, peeled and sliced into ¼" slices
- 3 Tbsp. butter, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- Place the onions into a 4-quart slow cooker. Scatter butter slices over top of the onions and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Add mustard seeds and stir. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- If after 10 hours the onions are wet, turn the slow cooker up to high and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.