Tangy Coleslaw with Cooked Dressing
This particular coleslaw makes a great topping for pulled-pork sandwiches. It’s tangy and delicious, and lighter than the mayonnaise version.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium scallions, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Add cabbage and scallion to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine sugar, salt, mustard, celery seed, vinegar, and oil in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture; toss.
- Chill thoroughly before serving. Top with parsley