Tangy Grilled Scallops with Bacon
The trick in this recipe is to cook the bacon partially, just on one side, so that you’ll have soft scallops and crisp bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 large scallops
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Rinse the scallops in cold water and dry on paper towels. Sprinkle the scallops with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Fry the bacon on one side.
- Wrap the scallops in bacon with the cooked side in (the raw side will get cooked on the grill). Thread 3 scallops on each skewer. If the bacon is not tightly wrapped, secure it with toothpicks.
- Set the gas grill to medium or wait until the coals have plenty of ash.
- Grill until the bacon is crisp, turning once. This should take no more than 3–4 minutes per side.