Tangy Lemon Curd
This tangy treat is perfect for filling thumbprint cookies, sandwiching lemon cookies together, or spreading on a scone.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into chunks and kept cold
- In a nonglass bowl over a double boiler, whisk eggs until smooth; beat in sugar and lemon juice and zest.
- Keeping water in double boiler simmering, continue to stir curd for 7 to 10 minutes, or until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Place bowl over a bowl of ice; whisk in butter, blending until smooth. Stir occasionally while allowing it to cool.
- Place wax paper over top of curd; chill.
- Lemon curd will keep in refrigerator about 5 days, or in freezer for 1 year.