Tangy Lime Pie
This lovely dessert is equally tangy and sweet, with a smooth fluffy texture. Serve it on chilled plates, garnished with more lime peel and whipped cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 envelope (0.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup lime- or lemon-flavored yogurt
- For crust, combine crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a small bowl. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate; place in freezer.
- For filling, in medium saucepan, combine juice concentrate with gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar; place over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Pour into medium bowl and add lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla; stir well. Cover and chill until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites, about 30 minutes.
- Whip chilled mixture until fluffy. Add yogurts and beat again until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust, cover, and chill until firm, about 4 hours.