Tangy Maple-Glazed Salmon
This tasty salmon comes together in no time. Pair with steamed broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes for a nutritious dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 12 ounces frozen mashed sweet potatoes, warmed according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to broil. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the fillet into four portions. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar and salt. Generously coat the fillets with the spices.
- Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and broil for 6-9 minutes. After 6 minutes, check fillets every minute to achieve desired crispiness.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and brush the maple syrup over the tops to coat the spice rub. Place in the oven and broil for an additional 1-2 minutes, just until the maple syrup is bubbling and has formed a crust.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes.