Tangy Maple-Mustard Lamb
Serve this lamb with a side of grilled vegetables and roasted potatoes or rice pilaf.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. lamb chops
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- Put the lamb in a medium baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, rosemary, garlic, pepper, mustard, maple syrup, and orange zest. Reserve ⅓ cup of the marinade to brush on the lamb after grilling. Pour the remaining marinade over the lamb and rub it all over to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate overnight. Bring the lamb to room temperature, if it was refrigerated. Season the lamb with salt.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Brush the grill surface to make sure it is thoroughly clean. When the grill is ready, dip a clean tea towel in the vegetable oil and wipe the grill’s surface with the oil. Place the lamb on the grill, and grill it 3–4 minutes a side for medium rare or 4 minutes a side for medium. Brush the reserved marinade on the lamb chops and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the lamb with the lemon wedges.