Tangy Orange Chicken
To mix things up, serve this dish over vegetables, or a puréed starchy or root vegetable.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic flakes
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- Grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken and the onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, marmalade, honey, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, and garlic flakes. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- About 10 minutes before serving, whisk in the arrowroot powder slurry. Leave the slow cooker uncovered, turn the temperature to high, and continue to cook for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve over wild rice.