Tangy Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Tangy tomatillos make this beautiful salsa a bright green and give it a unique taste. You can use this delightful salsa as a side for chips or as a topping on enchiladas, tofu, or almost any Mexican-inspired dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients except the sea salt, (but including the water), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until tomatillos are cooked through and fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5–10 minutes. Add sea salt.
- Transfer tomatillo mixture from the pot to a blender or food processor, and blend or process until the mixture reaches desired consistency.