Tangy Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Tangy tomatillos make this beautiful salsa a bright green and give it a unique taste. You can use this delightful salsa as a side for chips or as a topping on enchiladas, tofu, or almost any Mexican-inspired dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients except the sea salt, (but including the water), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until tomatillos are cooked through and fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Add sea salt.
- Transfer tomatillo mixture from the pot to a blender or food processor, and blend or process until the mixture reaches desired consistency.