Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups whipped cream
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg yolks and mix well. Bring quickly to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat (the mixture will be thin). Add the vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Put about one-third of the egg whites in a large bowl. Slowly stir in the hot tapioca mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Cover and chill well.
- Pile the pudding into dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream.