Tart Apple Pico de Gallo
In this recipe, tart Granny Smith apples take your average Taco Tuesday to all new heights. Add this tasty pico to guacamole, burritos, or fajitas. You can’t go wrong!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups chopped yellow cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Allow to rest for 30 minutes so all flavors can meld, then serve.