Tart Cherry Pecan Rugelach
Adding cream cheese to these festive rugelach creates a dough that’s tender, delicious and easy to roll.
Serves: 24Prep: 2 hours 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1 Tbsp. chunks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold, cut into 1 Tbsp. chunks
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Morello Tart Cherry Preserves, divided
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Slow Roasted Pecans, toasted and finely chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- In food processor fitted with steel blade, pulse flour and salt. Add butter chunks; pulse until broken up. Add cream cheese chunks; pulse to combine. Process until ball of dough forms, 30 to 60 seconds. Divide in half.
- Pat each half into about ½” thick rectangles. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours, and up to 24.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position racks in upper and lower third of oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 rectangle dough in half; return other half to refrigerator. On floured surface, roll into 12”x8” rectangle. Spread ¼ cup preserves over dough. Sprinkle with ¼ cup pecans.
- With long side facing you, roll dough tightly into spiral. Wrap in plastic with seam side down; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining dough, preserves and nuts to form total of 4 rolls.
- In small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar; set aside. Beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water. Using pastry brush, brush over rolls. Sprinkle each roll with 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Cut rolls crosswise into 1” coins; arrange on baking sheet, seam side down (about 24 rolls per sheet). Bake 14 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets front to back and top to bottom after 7 minutes, until pastries are lightly browned. Set pans on cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.