A-Taste-of-Italy Baked Fish
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cod fillets
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (14½ oz.) stewed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. sugar
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 lb. frozen shoestring potatoes, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse cod with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic powders, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes while the fish bakes.
- Arrange fish fillets on a baking sheet, folding thin tail ends under. For fillets about 1" thick, bake uncovered 15–20 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flaky.
- To serve, spoon some of the tomato sauce on the plate. Place the fish on the sauce and top with arugula. Serve with shoestring potatoes.